Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After Thanksgiving (One More Sleep 'Till Christmas)

Many spend this day standing in line, waiting, becoming increasingly frustrated, spending too much money, waiting in line, waiting in line, waiting in line...NOT ME!!!  I think Black Friday is for the birds.  This year I plan to keep my money local.  Our family is going to support local business.  If there are any "gaps" to fill in then they can be done by online purchasing.  Crowds, lines, grumpy people are not my scene.  In my humble opinion "Black Friday" and the Christmas rush totally defeat the heart of Christmas.  Yes I'm sure there are people that are kind while shopping.  I realize that there are GREAT deals, and Christmas music playing in all the stores.  I know that some people can't shop online or prefer to be out and about.  That's fine for them.  I'm just saying that for me and my house we will avoid the mall....lol. 

Christmas should be about more than spending, shopping, great deals and standing in line.  Christmas should be in our hearts EVERY day, not just "Black Friday" through Christmas.  Today our family will make our paper chain to count the days until Christmas.  I think we're going to scrounge up our decorations and put up our tree.  Nathan and I might even have a date.  I do know that today is going to include LOTS of family time and joy.  It won't be stressful, rushed or crowded.  It will be peaceful and relaxing. 

Speaking of our Christmas countdown.  I've blogged about this every year, but I'll say it again.  In our family we count "sleeps".  This is a technique learned from our dear sister in law/Tante/Aunt Nathalie Morgan.  So here's the PERFECT song for today.  It's from a Muppet Christmas Carol.  Be blessed whatever you do, wherever you do it (even if it's standing in line).  Please know that I totally respect how everyone chooses to spend their holiday season.  These are just MY thoughts and feelings.  Merry Christmas!!!

Hope you aren't too full of turkey,

No comments:

Post a Comment