Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus (oh and James and Jonathan)




Today my youngest sons turn two. Happy Birthday James Paul and Jonathan Israel Flint. Born at 33 weeks on December 20, 2009 they completed our family. Blessed that they were born at 4 lbs. 10 oz. and 4 lbs. 11 oz., they only had to stay in NICU for 16 days. They were so tiny when we brought them home. So much different from having an almost nine pounder (Joseph) or even my almost seven pounders (Jesse and JoyAnn). They spent their first Christmas in NICU. Still on oxygen and biliblankets they had a warm tropical Christmas. 

What was Jesus' first Christmas like?  He wasn't born in a hospital with all the "conveniences" of modern civilization.  Mary didn't have the chance to have breakfast brought to her on a tray.  She couldn't choose which channel to watch on the t.v.  She didn't have to worry about visiting hours.  The only visitors she had were shepherds.  I don't know if I would have reacted so positively to stinky, smelly people in my room wanting to hold my newborn babes.  Not Mary, she was THRILLED to know that the Savior of the world was already being worshipped by those He came to save. 

Happy Birthday Jesus.  I pray that my gift to you will be one of a contrite spirit, a repentant heart and a submissive will.  I come today to offer you my best...my all...my life. 

I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and that Emmanuel touches you in a special way. 

Here are some pics of my little guys for you to enjoy...

Happy Birthday Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment