Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Almost Christmas and I'm Over It Already....

This song is SOOOOOO appropriate. I ended up having to go to TWO malls yesterday. Not fun, but "necessary"???? That's debatable at best. I was so stressed. It was pouring rain, trying to get five kids into the house. I slipped and fell and hurt my wrist and ankle AND my daughter fell too. So..now I have mud covered clothes and I'm sore and she's sore. All for what??? A visit to "Santa" and some presents we couldn't afford? There were some sweet moments yesterday also, but I sure hope that next year is different.



I wish I was on a sleigh that was taking me away from here. Today I WANT to be away from my five kids, my messy house, my busy life. I'm not in a GREAT mood, but I still love Christmas. Praying I can find peace in all of this.

A family fav "The Polar Expres"...here's "Hot Chocolate".

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have been feeling the same way for years now. I even made a suggestion one time that we each MAKE one gift for one person (of course we would have to draw names,and the children would need help to make their item). I'm getting so tired of dreading Christmas. Oh, I do love the special worship services that honor our King as He came into the world, but there's got to be a way we can reverse this trend, even if it's just between we families :) Praying so!

    ReplyDelete