Friday, December 31, 2010

Living in Expectancy and Excitement EVERYDAY

Day 359
*FIRST OF ALL*
I am noticing that even though I am starting the posts on the right day since they are saved as drafts they aren't getting posted until the next day when I complete them. Sorry for the duplicate posts today.

I am a compulsive list maker. I wish I was a compulsive list COMPLETER or FINISHER, but alas for another post :-).

Yesterday was focused on this 10 week schedule to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have really been thinking lately about organization, ambition, completion of tasks, ability to see things through, expectations, etc. Maybe I'm thinking too much??? LOL

Regardless, Mary didn't PLAN to get pregnant by the Holy Spirit. She didn't PLAN to have to give birth to the Savior of the world in a stable. She didn't PLAN to have to run to Eygpt to save her son from Herod's wrath. She just LIVED. She lived every day in expectancy, NOT FEAR. She didn't plan her life away. She didn't make a grocery list or a packing list for the trip to Bethlehem. She RESTED in her faith. She let God and Joseph be her guides and she loved her life. She "TREASURED" these things and pondered them in her heart.

I want to live in the expectant knowledge that Messiah has come and WILL COME AGAIN. I want to rest in my Savior's love, knowing that He became God incarnate for me. I want to stop trying to plan away, be good enough, try harder, etc. I just want to BE AT THE MANGER, as the shepherds who HAD to see the child. Do I just HAVE to see Jesus? Can I live a day without him? Let me confess that there are days that I don't pray. There are days I don't read His Word. There are MANY of these days that come consecutively. My heart's desire is that I would wake up wanting to be with Christ. As the Psalm says "that my heart panteth after Thee". I want to run to the side of the manger just to SEE HIM. I am wishing that his praises would be on my lips instead of complaints, statements of fear or negative sentiments. Help me Lord. I need you and isn't that why you came???

Awaiting,

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment