Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 358

*Actually written on day 357*

Today (1-1-11)was spent with family and friends. We were celebrating Christmas. The wonderful yet large amount of snow prevented our previous get together. I always treasure when our family is together. This was our third Christmas without Nannie. Her presence was missed as usual. I surely wish she could have met James and Jonathan.

The holidays can be VERY hard for some people. Thinking back to times past can often bring mixed emotions. Good memories can bring smiles and tears. I have so many friends and loved ones who were mourning the loss of someone at Christmastime.

I can't reflect on this though without focusing on the HOPE that we have in Christ. This blog is about Christmas!!! God sent his only son Jesus to be born Emmanuel. The story doesn't end there though. Christ was born so that he could live a sinless life, be hung on a cross, die and RISE AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY. Christmas is about life AND death. Praise God for His gift. My loved ones who have gone on before me are in Heaven celebrating Emmanuel and waiting for ME!!!! Isn't that a glorious thought? I can't wait to be reunited with my faith family in glory. Thank you God for sending the Lamb of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment